A Junkfish craft tent full of fabulous free activities is a great way to make your event truly family friendly. Always incredibly popular with kids and their parents, we’ll help you choose the right activities for your event and budget. Extra options include our wonderful junk ball run, giant hula hoops, dressing up, playdough café and a relaxed family chill out area.
We have dozens of 'make and take' activities to choose from. Here are a few popular choices - take a look at the gallery for more ideas.
- Cardboard guitars Choose from 3 designs - the Strat, the Gibson Flying V or the Classic. All carefully prepared ready to decorate and assemble.
- Ribbon skirts A favourite with children and teenagers. Our ribbon tutus are easy to make and look fabulous around a festival site.
- Shields Design and make your own cardboard shield (and a sword too if you like!)
- Grass heads Make your own grass head person to take home and watch the hair grow.
- Festival headdresses Simple to make but very effective and colourful - these are popular with all ages.
- Wings Decorate and then wear your own pair of beautiful butterfly or bat wings.
- Balloon squidgies Make your own characters from sand filled balloons. Kids love these, often returning to make more and more to add to their collection.
- Masks Create your own colourful mask with paint, glitter, feathers and lots of imagination.
- Junk modelling Kids love using our recycled materials and lots of imagination to design all manner of crazy creations.
- Dream catchers Made using woven willow rings and colourful ribbons.
- Painting a large cardboard rocket or castle Big enough to get inside, younger children love this activity - and it has great visual impact.
- Large scale communal projects Murals, collages and decoupage, often themed to fit the event.
Other craft activities include clay creatures, shakers, junk bugs, button bracelets, crowns and tiaras, hair braids and bag danglers, hand puppets, badges, magic pictures, flappy birds, boats, flags, spoon puppets, fridge magnets, giant hands and top hats.
- The Junk Ball Run Our famous ball run, made from decorated barrels, pipes and other colourful recyled junk is always incredibly popular. It has great visual impact and creates a wonderful focal point.
- Family Chill-out A relaxed space with rugs, cushions, beanbags, camping chairs and little tents along with lots of books, magazines, puzzles and toys (including a huge box of duplo). A perfect place for young families to rest a while at a busy event.
- Dressing up Complete with hat stands, screen, mirror and lots of hats and costumes for a wide range of ages, our dressing up area is great fun and always very popular.
- Playdough café Kids love playdough! We’ve combined it with a play kitchen to create a lovely area for imaginative play, complete with lots of tools, pots and pans.
- Giant hula hoops and circus equipment It’s easy to hula with a big hoop! These look fabulous - everyone will want a go. We can also provide circus skills equipment including stilts, diabolos, spinning plates, pedal-gos, juggling balls and clubs.
- Garden games Giant jenga, chess, draughts and hoopla.
- Lego Station A plentiful supply of bricks with our lego experts on hand to help with a mix of free play and guided challenges.
- Wigwam of wishes A beautiful bamboo wigwam for the children to decorate and add wishes to.